To ensure that ads are safe and appropriate for everyone, all ads must go through an approval process, which is based on AdWords advertising policies.
This article describes how the advertising approval process works and the time it usually takes.
How advertising approval works
After you create or modify the ad, the approval process will begin automatically. We will review all aspects of your ad, including your headline, ad content, keywords, and website or app, based on AdWords Advertising Policies. Most ads can be reviewed within 1 working day, and some ads can be served normally during the review process.
If there are any problems with your ads, they will stop running. To help your ads resume normal delivery, we will inform you of the specific policies that your ads violate and the next steps you should take. If your ad is not showing to a specific user, or is not showing at all, the issue may be caused by the approval status of your ad.
Submit ads for review
Every time you create a new ad or make changes to an existing ad, the system will automatically submit your ad for review. Both active and paused ads will be reviewed.
After saving the ad, you will usually see any of the following statuses:
- under review: When your ad is under review, it must be approved before it can show. Don’t worry, this process usually only takes 1 business day to complete.
- effective: Effective ads can be placed on specific webpages while under review. Ads may still be disapproved or suspended, so please check the status of the ads after 1 business day to ensure that the ads have been approved.
If your ad or website is disapproved and suspended, you need to do the following:
- Fix disapproved adsTo re-review its ads
- Fix disabled websitesTo make it auditable
How long does the review take
The vast majority of ads only need to be reviewed It can be completed within 1 working day. However, the review process for some ads is more complicated, so the review time will be longer.
If you encounter an ad review time that exceeds a full business day, pleaseContact supportGet relevant information.
Tip: How to start advertising on a specific date
If you need to ensure that the ad is approved before a specific date, please submit the ad a few days in advance. Although most ads will take less than 1 business day to review, sometimes the review process will take longer.
To stop serving the ad immediately after it is approved, pause the ad, ad group, or campaign. Paused ads are reviewed as valid ads.
If you plan to launch a new webpage at the same time, the webpage must be completed before your ad can be approved.
To ensure that the webpage does not display properly until the date of launch:
- Don’t link to the new page from the rest of the site. If you link to a new page, the search engine may index it, and the page may appear in the search results.
- Configure the \"robots.txt\" file for your website. In the robots.txt file of your website, you can prevent search engines from indexing the page. Then wait until the launch date to undo this change.