If a user clicks on your ad and performs what you think is valuable on your website (such as calling your business on a mobile phone, or purchasing goods or services on your website), it means that an AdWords has occurred Transformation. When using AdWords to increase conversions or sales, you can use the free tool \"Conversion Tracking\" to track conversions. This way, you can pay close attention to important statistics that reflect the performance of your campaign (such as cost per conversion and conversion rate).
Conversion actions are up to you
A user can complete a purchase, call your business on a mobile phone, submit a contact information for a visitor to receive an insurance quote, or download a white paper about your company’s software features from a potential purchaser. Conversions can also be users requesting more information or viewing your new product flyer. It's entirely up to you!
To view conversion data in your account, you need to first set up conversion tracking. Don't worry, this tool is completely free!
Conversion information you can measure
After setting up conversion tracking, you can track some important statistics to assess the success of your campaign:
Learn how to add columns, Customize the data displayed in the statistics table. After setting up conversion tracking, you can add it to any statistics table under each tab of your AdWords accountConversionsColumn to view related data.
- Conversions and CPA: You can specify the monetary value for conversions when setting up tracking and view detailed revenue information in reports. Understanding the total number of conversions and the value of these conversions can help you determine whether you should increase your budget or change your ad group to attract more targeted visitors.
- Conversion rates: This information can help you track how many clicks brought valuable actions (such as sales or registration). The conversion rate listed in your account is equal to the number of conversions divided by the number of ad clicks. We only count conversions that occur on Google and Google’s network partner sites. We adjust the conversion rate accordingly to only reflect ad clicks that we can track conversions.
- Keyword conversion data: Conversion tracking reveals what happened after users clicked on the ad-whether they purchased the product or signed up for the newsletter. Once you have this information, you can understand which keywords can better engage users with the above operations. You can then optimize the keyword list based on the findings and make smarter investments in the keywords that perform best.
- Understand how customers interact with your ads on different devices: Sometimes customers will click on your ad on one device and then complete the purchase on another device. This type of situation is a cross-device conversion, you canAll conversionsView the corresponding conversions in the column.
- Landing page:You can see which ones under the \"Dimensions\" tab of your accountLanding pageThe most conversions. Just clickViewButton and select \"Landing Page\" from the drop-down menu. Also make sure you have added a conversion column to the data table.
As with keywords and ad text, the landing page you choose for each ad should also pay attention to relevance to a specific product or service. Make sure that the landing page used by each ad directs users to the most relevant page on your website. Ideally, this page should specifically describe the specific product or service you are focusing on in your ad.
If an advertisement for a real estate agency advertises apartments for sale in Beijing, the ideal landing page should be a webpage that includes all the apartments currently for sale in Beijing, not the homepage of the agency. If users can easily find the content they need on your website, they are more likely to make purchases.
Many AdWords users choose to use Google Analytics for conversion tracking. Google Analytics is a free website analysis tool that can help you understand how customers interact with your website. To understanding Google Analytics and AdWords conversion trackingWhat is the difference.
Total conversions on Google products and services other than Google.com
Due to technical limitations, we cannot yet report cross-device conversions from AdSense for search ads and some other Google products and services. Our team has been working hard to overcome technical difficulties, hoping to introduce innovative cross-device conversions for the above services and products.